View Single Post
Old 01-08-2008, 02:27 PM   #11
Stanart
Addict
Stanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the rough

Device: Handspring Visor, Sony PRS-500 Reader
My thanks to you Harry for this collection. My wife and I have been using this as an "audiobook" - reading it to each other while we're traveling in the car. So, it'll be a while getting through it but we've read the first three novels.

This is our first experience reading Burroughs and it's a kick. For those who haven't tried this collection yet, I can recommend it. Given how long ago these stories were written, they hold up pretty well and those parts that don't just seem sort of endearing to me. Some of the ideas for the Star Wars movies had to have obviously come from the Barsoom series. These stories are all about action, action, action and invincible heroes.

Last edited by Stanart; 01-08-2008 at 02:35 PM.
Stanart is offline   Reply With Quote