View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 08:38 PM   #10
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyfinn View Post
There seems to be a general consensus that $90 is a "steal" on the 350.

What precisely is so good about the 350 compared to other readers? I've never owned an ereader and was leaning towards a nook wi-fi.

But if I can save myself $60 by buying a 350, I'm all for that.

So again, why will it be such a good deal?

Thank you and please forgive my ignorance.
Well, it really boils down to personal preference, but here are the reasons I love the PRS-350:

The Pearl screen with much better contrast (only the Sony and Kindle have it, as far as I know)

Small and light, very portable

12 onboard dictionaries (I often read in foreign languages

Intuitive touch-screen interface

Solid metal build

Supports a variety of formats, including .epub, so that I can read library books for free on it, .rtl, so I can dump my school notes on it, and the PDF rendering is surprisingly good for such a small screen. Many of my PDF documents reflow to a nice size with no problem, and I can pan and scan scanned PDFs (not the best option, but it's nice to have it). Some scanned PDFs reflow as well.

Can read in landscape mode.

Can take hand-written and typed annotations.

The higher dpi means that it's screen is very crisp and clear, it is even crisper than the PRS-650 and 950.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote