View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 06:40 PM   #436
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatNY View Post
It has improved a lot since then and is very Stanza-like now, but it does lack organization. Stanza will read the tags in all your books and group them accordingly. But apart from missing that, Shubook appears to be the best alternative to Stanza on iOS.
Yes, it seems such an obvious gap. You can import books from Calibre, you can assign tags manually, but it doesn't import tags from Calibre, despite the OPDS browser showing them. The best you do at the moment is import all books for a given tag, then manually assign them all in ShuBook, then move onto the next tag. That wouldn't work if you had more than one tag per book.

Quote:
Still, as a whole, the reader apps for Android are so much better than what's available for iOS. It isn't even close. Why are there so many good options for Android but so very few for iOS? I've never understood why.
Hmm, I don't really see that, to be honest. I use BlueFire reader, and might now try ShuBook, on iOS, I use Moon+ on Android. They each do what I want of them, I find the iOS ones a bit slicker.
But then I have a reasonably small set of requirements.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote