View Single Post
Old 05-28-2012, 08:01 PM   #1
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
OK, I bricked it...shame on me

Good night!
I bricked my Kindle playing with /etc/upstart files. I know, I'm a real stupid!
I edited the dbus.conf file and now I'm stuck at the "under the tree" image.
I can enter in diagnostic mode (thanks Geekmaster!!), I can mount USB and drop files in it.
I also have a backup copy of that file, but I don't manage to replace it.

Here's what I'm doing:
in diagnostic mode, I select USB device mode, than open my Kindle USB drive.
I drop data.tar.gz, dbus.conf and this RUNME.sh:

Code:
test -f /mnt/us/RUNME.done && exit
# The following set of commands will be executed (in the context of your Kindle) exactly once. To make them execute again, remove RUNME.done
#
# (mntroot rw and mntroot ro below are only shown for convenience, and not needed for this particular script. These commands allow
# to modify the internal file system. Use only if you know what you are doing. Oh well, you should have only ended up needing this advice
# if you knew what you were doing in the first place. ;-)
mntroot rw
mv -f /mnt/us/dbus.conf /etc/upstart/dbus.conf
mntroot ro
touch /mnt/us/RUNME.done
Than, I close USB device mode, reboot the Kindle but I don't find the RUNME.done in USB drive.

Any help?
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote