View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 06:40 AM   #14
Justin Nemo
Stercus accidit
Justin Nemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Justin Nemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Justin Nemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Justin Nemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Justin Nemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Justin Nemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Justin Nemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Justin Nemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Justin Nemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Justin Nemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Justin Nemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nookpadle 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
The most I have paid is a little over £2 (for A Dance of Cloaks by David Dalglish, and Wool by Hugh Howie). In both cases after reading the free sample, and in the case of Wool, that was for an omnibus. Oddly, I haven't actually read beyond the sample in either, yet.

Getting me to read something is a much greater problem than getting me to pay for something, I think.

I'm not likely to pay for anything I haven't sampled, but how can you persuade me to read a sample? I came to Wool through recommendations in here.

I will happily download freebies at random, but when will I ever look at them?
That would infer that authors who don't charge, may get a download, but their book may not get read. That seems pretty pointless from an authors point of view.
Justin Nemo is offline   Reply With Quote