View Single Post
Old 12-03-2007, 09:29 AM   #74
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidt349 View Post
Yeah, until their DRM server crashes and doesn't come back up again this time so all your books are bricked.
Mobi's server crashing would not have the slightest effect on existing books; it would simply prevent you from buying new books, or encoding books that you've bought previously for a new device.

Since Mobi have been around longer than virtually anyone else in the business, I don't personally regard this as something that's likely to happen any time in the foreseeable future.

Since I rarely re-read books, I regard this as a complete "non issue". I buy books to read NOW - I don't particularly care whether or not I'll be able to re-read them in 20 years' time. How many of the books that you bought 20 years ago do you still have, and read, now?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote