View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 09:33 AM   #1
pathscollide
pathscollide began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux (623)
Unhappy PocketBook Touch Lux 623 uneven display

Hello all,

I just purchased my first ereader -- a PocketBook Touch Lux -- and am somewhat concerned by the display issues I'm seeing.

My point of comparison is my lady's 4th generation Kindle, which as far as I can tell always displays cleanly and clearly.

When I'm reading text on the PocketBook (e.g. one of the many ebooks provided with the device), it often displays unevenly (parts of certain characters are lighter than other parts) or looks somewhat aliased. This generally improves when the screen refreshes, but not always.

I'm also seeing some ghosting and uneven display issues when using the menus that superimpose themselves over other elements. For example, on the home screen, when I open then close the main menu, I can still see a faint shadow of the menu, and the dividing lines between the book titles are displayed unevenly.

I should note that in the settings, Text Rendering is set to "Good quality" and Complete Page Refresh is set to every 5 pages (though I wouldn't want to reduce it much as that would become annoying).

The demo unit I tried also had these problems, though the battery level was extremely low so the salesperson though that might be causing the problem.

Does anyone know if this is "normal" for this device? Is there a way to remedy this problem? It's like reading a poorly printed book, which isn't very pleasant.

Thanks!
pathscollide is offline   Reply With Quote