View Single Post
Old 06-18-2010, 07:01 PM   #9
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRoverJ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldwalker View Post
Seriously, why do people persist in using those on this forum? This is not Twitter, guys. You can use a URL as long as it needs to be. Since there's no valid reason to obfuscate it, my natural reaction is that there's something in that URL that someone doesn't want me to recognize before I go there. So I stay away.
Seriously, you can put your foil hats away.
It has nothing to do with foil hats and to say that is insulting to those who raised concerns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRoverJ View Post
I am not fond of clicking on shortened URLs either, but with the right tools it doesn't have to be scary.
The use of alternate tools is fine and dandy but when you are on a familiar site that allows normal links there is absolutely no reason to go out of your way to obfuscate the link. Doing so is just not polite.

[backontopic]Kudos to Kovid and company for the proper recognition of excellent work.[/backontopic]

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 06-18-2010 at 07:03 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote