View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 05:43 PM   #13
ectoplasm
Addict
ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD and H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
Yes, I'm sure the Big Pubs will still be able to sell their PD e-books in the Kindle store...

Actually, Amazon should have known that was what was going to happen regarding PD titles. They act as if they're surprised that the public has used the Kindle store as they have.
Maybe they should have seen it coming, but at this point, something needs to be done if Amazon wants to clean up the mess for older titles.

Before I received my Kindle, I imagined that I could buy electronic versions of "real" published books like "Pride and Prejudice". I imagined these books would be pristine electronic copies from professional publishers. Instead, I found countless low priced versions that appear to come straight from Gutenberg, complete with bad formatting and typos. Of course you can't know this until you download a sample.

They should have seen it coming, but they didn't. Now they need to do something about it.
ectoplasm is offline   Reply With Quote