View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 08:42 PM   #1
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Question So, how many ebooks are you selling?

So, I thought I'd ask impolite question and get right to the heart of the issue. For those of you going the self-published ebook route, how much money are you making? Or perhaps, if that's too close to the vest, how many ebooks are you selling? Making money as a writer in traditional publishing has never been easy, and currently the industry is in the midst of transition. So maybe this is the wave of the future, but what are the prospects currently? And what about POD sales?

Also, is there any evidence of traditional publishers looking at ebooks as a source of new material or talent? Aside from Cory Doctorow, are there many cases of traditional publishers soliciting ebook authors?

I'm not out to embarass anyone; I just want some hard numbers, not simply philosophical proselytizing.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote