View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 12:46 PM   #156
charleski
Wizard
charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by McKGrif View Post
Once you get character styles (text boxes) supported, I am definitely a buyer.
No current epub designer creates proper dropcaps (don't know why you keep talking about character styles - I think you're just confusing yourself), not even InDesign. If you want dropcaps right now then you need to code the css by hand, there's a thread on this forum that shows how to do it.

I don't know the priorities of the Atlantis team, but automatic dropcap creation would be finicky to do correctly. Word's method is a kludge that can't be translated to reflowable documents, and poorly-done dropcaps look worse than no dropcaps at all. If you want to mark the first character in some way, use bold or increase the font size slightly.
charleski is offline   Reply With Quote