View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 10:48 PM   #7
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by schulzmc View Post
That's too bad - that's a deal breaker for me. I'm not going to sit there and hit next page every couple of minutes to keep the thing awake, and having to wake it up every time I need to glance at a file would be too big a pain.
I really don't understand the type of meetings you go to. In the ones I'm at, if there is documentation you have to refer to individually, it's usually multiple pages, viewed every few minutes. Pretty rare we'd stare at the same page for 10 minutes, then be expected to refer to the same page again with no intervening pages 30 minutes later. Furthermore, the wake up takes all of 5 seconds every 10 minutes max, so I really don't understand why 30 seconds out of an hour meeting worst case would be a problem.

It sounds like you're just trying to justify a decision you've already made.