View Single Post
Old 03-29-2014, 06:21 AM   #6891
samosa
Groupie
samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, AuraHD, AuraH2O, GloHD, Mini, DXG, PW123, Voyage, NookSTG
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
I find that getting the old vs. new checkout is browser, country and even computer specific - my laptop and my desktop sometimes give me different checkout screens even when everything else is the same, and I haven't figured out precisely how to always get (or not get) it. Sometimes I think Kobo must also be factoring in the phase of the moon or something totally random like that.

This time when I got it to work, I was at home in the US and I haven't seen the old checkout in the US in a while. Unfortunately a lot of the books on my wish list aren't couponable in the US, but there were a number which were.

The multi-tab process seems to be Chrome-friendly from what I can glean based on others' posts in this thread. I personally have never been able to get it to work in either Firefox or IE.

And it didn't work for me with a gift card, just with a credit card.

Totally bizarre...

Hope this helps, if you are willing to travel...

Sue
Thanks for giving me all these info. I will wait for the next moon phase (or high discount coupon!) to come around and test it out on the Chrome.
samosa is offline   Reply With Quote