View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 07:47 PM   #58
tkavan
Groupie
tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellShock View Post
Due to the great work of other forum members it is now possible to create your own dictionaries for the Kobo Glo and Touch, for firmware 2.1.4 or later.
Thank you ShellShock. I followed your very clear instructions and it went as you said it would.

Now I have a question:

I changed to the Websters International because I looked up the word "villein" in the Kobo dictionary and it said it was lower than a "thane" and higher than a "cotter." (All of these, as you probably know, are classes of society in medieval England, and they appear in a book I am reading.) But there was no way to look up either "thane" or "cotter," so I decided to get a more comprehensive dictionary.

However the Webster's Int. does not even give the definition found in the Kobo dictionary, but instead says "See Villain." That's fair enough, and the word "villain" is underlined, as though it were a link. But when I touch it, it doesn't go anywhere.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is following a dictionary link just not doable?

I have a Kobo Glo, software 2.5.2.

Thanks,
Tom
tkavan is offline   Reply With Quote