View Single Post
Old 07-28-2012, 06:16 PM   #39
NuPogodi
Connoisseur
NuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Kindle 3, Tolino Shine, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titano View Post
Here is what you asked for, for anything you can do.
Thanks, despite it seems a bit strange... I was pretty sure that the framebuffer in KT has to be 608*800 ~ 480KB when yours file is much larger (2MB, after unzipping). I've nevertheless modified the source code for the simplest format - portable graymap. Although I still have some doubts whether it works properly (especially for both screen orientations), You may try it and report the results.
PS. If the attached binary fails to make proper shot, could you please run "eips -i > /mnt/us/eips.txt" (for both orientations) and copy-paste the content of eips.txt?

(UPDATE) It seems that 8bpp-improvement is some kind of marketing mythos. Hex-codes in the attached raw file are always with the same high and low 4bit-nibbles, like 0x00, 0x11, ... 0xEE, 0xFF. It means that there are actually 16 colors. It might be a bit improved by dithering, but nevertheless... only 16 grades of gray, like in old-fashioned models (k2, k3 & kdx), just a bit remapped to increase the buffersize
Attached Files
File Type: zip screen2pgm.zip (2.1 KB, 188 views)

Last edited by NuPogodi; 07-28-2012 at 07:09 PM.
NuPogodi is offline   Reply With Quote