View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 09:35 PM   #13
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
TOPAZ embedded fonts are a bad example, because they don't seem to be anti-aliased and are often awful.

The font choice does make a difference, and I tend to go for a heavier (bolder) font on EInk than on a LCD screen. When available, it is worth trying the "always bold" option (not available on the Kindle unfortunately).
Thanks for the explanation. I actually do quite well with the Kindle native font. It's quite sharp. I do up the size if the lighting isn't strong but, all in all, I think they made a good choice with their font. I would like it if they added more font support in firmware but the lack of it is not a big detraction for me.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote