View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 09:33 AM   #39
QuantumIguana
Philosopher
QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen, Kindle Touch
If it is worthwhile to you to pay more for an e-book than for the same book in a paper format, by all means, feel free to do so.

A hardcover book costs more to produce than a paperback, so I expect the hardcover to cost more. An e-book costs to produce than a paper book, so I expect it to cost no more than for a paper book. I realize it isn't tremendously cheaper to produce, but it is

Quote:
And what does Amazon's not setting of the prices have to do with their success and growth reports being an indicator of market behavior?
If publishers are losing sales because they have priced their e-books higher than the paper copy, that doesn't hurt Amazon, it hurts the publisher. People will simply buy some other publisher's book - still on Amazon.
QuantumIguana is offline   Reply With Quote