View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 05:52 PM   #300
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Interestingly, my email says that sales will stop on 9th December. And yes, the first step is to create an account at nook uk, so I'll do that. Oh, and I must sign up by 21st December.

Ah - but I have a nook.com account with that address. I'll change my nook.com email address, as it's just full of freebies and unimportant. I think I'd better have my nook.co.uk address match my fictionwise address.

And now I have to wait for that change to percolate through the systems. Sigh.

For those interested, the email (suitably redacted) is under the spoiler button.
Spoiler:

Dear Fictionwise Customer,

As you may know, in March of 2009, Fictionwise, comprised of several eBook retail websites, including Fictionwise.com , eReader.com and eBookwise.com, was acquired by Barnes & Noble.

Fictionwise is in the process of winding down its operations, and Fictionwise.com will end sales on December 9, 2012. Please note you will not be able to access your Fictionwise Bookshelf through the site after January 31, 2013.

An Easy Transition to Barnes & Noble’s NOOKŪ Reading Experience

We know how important eBooks are to you, and we’d like to offer you the opportunity to transfer your Fictionwise.com Bookshelf to a NOOK digital library.

You will be able to read the transferred eBooks that you purchased at Fictionwise (including eReader.com and eBookwise.com) by downloading NOOK’s free mobile app to your iOS or Android smartphone or tablet, as well as on on the award-winning NOOKŪ devices.

Step 1:

Create an account at NOOK. co.uk. Click through here to create an account:
https://uk.nook.com/sessions/new?success_url=%2F

Step 2:

Once you have created your account at NOOK.co.uk, please click through to the link below to go to the opt-in page. On the opt-in page you will be instructed to confirm that you would like your Fictionwise eBooks in your Fictionwise Bookshelf transferred to a NOOK Library. Please opt-in by December 21, 2012.
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/fictionwise/[redacted]?&email=[redacted]

Step 3:

Once you opt-in, you will receive an email from Barnes & Noble.com with an access code and instructions for redeeming this code. This access code represents the Fictionwise eBooks in your Fictionwise Bookshelf that are being transferred to a NOOK Library for you. You will also see a link to a code redemption page. This code redemption page is on the U.S. NOOK site, but your transferrable titles will deliver to a NOOK UK account. You do not need to make a US account.

Click through to the redemption page and simply enter your code as prompted. This will move your existing eBooks into a NOOK Library. Please redeem this code by January 31, 2013.

How Will the Transition Work?

· A few Fictionwise titles may not transfer due to discontinued publishing programs. You will be able to see which titles were unable to be transferred by clicking through here. In most cases, you can back up these Fictionwise files to your personal hard drive on a Mac or PC. To learn more about backing up these files, please click here http://www.fictionwise.com/BN-Transition-FAQ.htm.

· Audio books will not be part of this transfer process. If you want to continue to access audio book files, we recommend that you backup those files if you haven’t done so already. To learn more about backing up and downloading these files, please click here http://www.fictionwise.com/BN-Transition-FAQ.htm.

· Personal files that you may have uploaded to your libraries (i.e. any file in your eBookwise library that was not sold to you by eBookwise) will not transfer.

· Subscriptions to magazines will not transfer. Please note that these subscriptions have been fulfilled through November 2012. Any remaining balance in you subscription will be refunded and subscription holders will receive a separate communication regarding this refund.

Please note that once the Fictionwise eBooks are transferred to a NOOK Library, the eBooks will be in ePub format. The ePub titles that will appear in your new NOOK Library cannot be read on Fictionwise legacy applications or devices.

If you elect to opt-in, please note that any eBooks you have purchased at Fictionwise from October 23th to December 9, 2012 will not be part of the initial transfer process, but will be automatically transferred to your NOOK Library starting on December 10, 2012.

A reminder: Whether or not you opt in to have your Fictionwise eBooks transferred to a NOOK Library, by January 31, 2013, you should also download any titles and/or files you plan to read on an application or on a device that does not support the ePub if you haven’t done so already. You can learn more about downloading your Fictionwise files here: http://www.fictionwise.com/BN-Transition-FAQ.htm.

What if I don’t opt-in to have my eBooks transferred?

After January 31, 2013, your Fictionwise Bookshelf will no longer be accessible via the Fictionwise.com website. If you decide not to opt-in to have your Fictionwise Bookshelf transferred to NOOK, you will need to make sure that, if you haven’t done so already, you have downloaded your eBooks to continue reading these eBooks through Fictionwise legacy applications or devices. Since AudioBooks, any personal files created, and subscriptions to magazines will not be available to transfer to a NOOK Library, please make sure you have previously downloaded these files, or please download these files before January 31, 2013. You can learn more about downloading your Fictionwise files here: http://www.fictionwise.com/BN-Transition-FAQ.htm.

Information about Micropay Accounts

Please take a moment to use your Micropay Rewards and/or Micropay Dollars on Fictionwise.com as they will not be valid after December 9, 2012. Please note that any eBooks purchased at Fictionwise after you have opted-in to transfer to a NOOK Library at Barnes & Noble will not be part of the initial transfer process. As noted above, a second transfer will be possible for titles purchased between October 23 –December 9, 2012 and you will automatically be eligible for this second transfer once opted in.

If you don’t use your Micropay Rebate Dollars by December 9, 2012, you will receive a separate email regarding the refund on any balance in your account.

Frequently Asked Questions

For more information about how you can transfer your Fictionwise Bookshelf to a NOOK Library, including additional details on how the transition will apply to current Buywise Club members, eMagazine subscriptions, Micropay Dollars and more, please visit our FAQ web page: http://www.fictionwise.com/BN-Transition-FAQ.htm

We greatly appreciate your support of Fictionwise over the years. Together, we helped pioneer eBooks and eReading.

Thank you.

The Fictionwise Team

Last edited by pdurrant; 12-04-2012 at 05:56 PM.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote