View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 06:12 PM   #6
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapking View Post
At the book itself (ie. you're reading it), or at the idea behind it?

Not every day I hear someone from Raleigh, NC talking about the CFL. What's your interest in/connection to Ricky Ray, if I may ask?
1) At the description!

2) I've been a CFL fan since I saw on Wide World of Sports (same day tape delay) the '62 Grey Cup (the Fog Bowl), and also noticed that many of the AFL's most exciting players were CFL alums.

My friends are surprised when I tell them that nowadays with the internet, it's easier for an American to be a fan of the CFL than of any other league.

a) There are only eight teams to keep track of.
b) There are more CFL newspaper articles on the web than a normal person can read.
c) The radio broadcasts are live on the web, for free.
d) The games are played at different times, so you never need to miss one.
e) Once the game is over, TSN puts its broadcast on the web for anyone who missed it.

By the way, both the Ticats' owner Bob Young and Als coach Marc Trestman live in Raleigh as well.

Last edited by GA Russell; 02-16-2012 at 08:19 PM.
GA Russell is online now   Reply With Quote