Thread: PRS-900 Fading in the sun
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 10:35 AM   #12
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by db100 View Post
... The actual reason is the light (probably UV light) causes the charges to be discharged. That means, screen is defective.

Send back to store (if still within 30 day return period) or SONY, they can either replace or repair it for you.
Thanks much for this info as to the actual reason. So despite the 135 deg. operating temps, seems I have a fader. Will take your advice and return under my extended warranty from Sony.
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote