Thread: Which processor
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 12:03 AM   #4
cutterjohn42
Addict
cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm IIIx, EBM-911, REB-1100(dead), PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalAutoPilot View Post
Thanks for your input. It looks like the Cortex is what I will be wanting.
I have already had a Sony PRS-505 (wife dropped and broke screen last week) and I now have a Nook. I won't read out in daylight/direct sunlight. And the Nook is simply not 'android' enough...even rooted, there are very limited apps available and the tiny color screen is frustrating... lots of scrolling, scrolling...

Er... I looked at that flatcomputing site... why would I pay that price? Are they in the US or something? It's the exact same machine on a couple of other sites - just more expensive.

electroworld.cn has it listed as the ZT180 ($199)
wiipad.us has it listed as the wiipad neno ($231)
the flatcomputing price is $285
I have the prs-505 myself too for my ebooks.... thinking about putting up my Newton Messagepad 2100(+ accessories .. don't want to.. but...) on the auction block to help fund buying the "Freedom A10" from flatcomputing(or similar, but prefer a US company... warrannty.. shipping.. hopefully support...)

There's also the Orphan iPed M16 and Zenithink ZT-180 which have cortex a8 CPUs... go look at slatedroid.com forums when they come up again, generic devices -> A7/A8 subforum IIRC

[EDIT]
Also be VERY careful about what Chinese vendor you MIGHT buy your Cortex A8 tablet from...
[/EDIT]

Last edited by Alexander Turcic; 07-26-2010 at 06:05 AM. Reason: Edited the edit
cutterjohn42 is offline   Reply With Quote