View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 11:04 PM   #1
roguefan99
Zealot
roguefan99 began at the beginning.

Device: Smart Q7, and Kobo
Repeated crash after computer connection

Okay this is a long story so bear with me.

Last night I decided to make a epub from a dual column pdf that I had lying about to see whether I could do it. Converted the pdf to html using Acrobat, worked well and then converted the html to epub using calibre. Uploaded the file to me kobo, however I had to go out so just ejected the kobo and shut down the computer. Came home and unplugged the kobo and it said the usual "updating" screen. After 20 mins it was stuck at around 30%, and wasn't moving so I figured I would do a paper clip reset. Hung at start screen. Removed SD card, reset again, got it booted. Hmmm figured I would try and reupload the item. Took a long time, left it overnight.

Wrong move. Battery was drained and had the flashing red light when connected to the computer, and it wouldn't be recongised. Plugged it into the USB charger and it went for a full charge. Unplugged it, crashed at "updating" screen. Paper clip reset, boots fine (no SD card)...... repeat, crash, reset.

So figured there was a file that was bad. Reset to factory defaults. Nope same thing, when plugged in crashes at "updating" screen and needs a full reset. So now no matter what I do with it, after updating it I have to do a paper clip reset to get to my books. I'm guessing the database is damaged, but how do I fix this?
roguefan99 is offline   Reply With Quote