View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 04:15 PM   #42
catherinecondie
Enthusiast
catherinecondie can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'catherinecondie can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'catherinecondie can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'catherinecondie can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'catherinecondie can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'catherinecondie can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'catherinecondie can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'catherinecondie can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'catherinecondie can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'catherinecondie can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'catherinecondie can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: None
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shayne Parkinson View Post
My own experience, FWIW. I originally charged for all my ebooks, and got a trickle of downloads. I decided to make the first one free, and fairly rapidly found it getting thousands of downloads - and hundreds of sales of the later books.

Readers are presented with a plethora of unfamiliar names when they go searching. And people are used to having quite vast amounts of free content on the 'net. Even $1.99 can be a barrier when it comes to trying the unknown.
Hi Shayne - enjoying your book very much. I recently published and purchased GlobalReach on Lulu - is this where you're making your sales? I am wondering how I make the publicity push from free giveaways on Smashwords and Feedbooks and convert them into sales . . . Best wishes, Catherine
catherinecondie is offline   Reply With Quote