View Single Post
Old 12-25-2013, 03:01 AM   #1960
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Let me addend my latest post. I'm now almost good enough to handle it. I hadn't noticed the Remove on device option under the Remove Books button. So I tried that, then this happened:

calibre, version 1.16.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

[Error 5] Access is denied: u'F:\\documents\\TheGloryOfDawn.prc'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 85, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 596, in _delete_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 345, in delete_books
WindowsError: [Error 5] Access is denied: u'F:\\documents\\TheGloryOfDawn.prc'

That one I removed directly on the Kindle, connected again, updated the Kindle Collections with a new Import from Kindle command, did another Remove Books from device, and this time all but 22 books where removed (from a total of 157), and finally the remainder I did manually on the Kindle. Quite a time saver. I freed up some 600 MB of space. All in all, a liberating Xmas gift.