View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 02:36 AM   #22
dacattt
Connoisseur
dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Astak 6 EZ Reader Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMonkey View Post
Good article.

And for those with the "suck it, you agreed to the licensing terms"...

Last time I saw, the license terms for Kindle...

http://www.tosback.org/policy.php?pid=35

424 versions. Have fun with how often it changes. I don't even know where the licensing details for e-books themselves are...in there somewhere?
Yea, and that's exactly the point. They're tripping all over their legal departments. We, on the other hand, just want to read "our" books.... anyplace we want, anyway we want. Simple, or should be... that really the point.

Putting a whole changeling usage agreement behind a "Buy" button just irritates the customer.... and irritate the customer... they go elsewhere... from other stores... to darknets....

That's the point of the article.... think about water flowing downhill... what's the easier path? The publisher is building not just dams, but walls around themselves that are not customer friendly. So, the customers flow around those naturally seeking the easy path. The publishers are missing that water will erode those foundations as well...

Me, I just want to read. ...And so do a lot of other folks. Sometimes I want to swap with my friend. She buy's things I won't spend money on, and visa versa. No intention to steal the books. Just want to read... so delete after the loan on her books... and I'd like to not worry where my own "bought" books are in 10 year.

Last edited by dacattt; 11-12-2010 at 02:42 AM.
dacattt is offline   Reply With Quote