View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 02:27 PM   #39
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Istvan diVega View Post
I'm with you. If the writing is good and the characters believable and engaging, the book can be an excellent read even with a totally defective storyline. Actually the characters don't need to be believable either; just engaging will do nicely. Of course, the worse the story is and the less believable the characters are, the better the writing has to be in order to compensate, until at some point no writer alive or dead could save it.

In order of importance, my requirements are:

Good writing
Well-constructed characters
Good story

As far as what makes a good story, I'm sure there are almost as many answers as there are readers.
I couldn't disagree more.

Story is king. The good writing and the interesting characters serve the story.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote