View Single Post
Old 07-04-2007, 09:31 AM   #39
BobVA
Addict
BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara, Sony PRS950, T1, T2, T3
I'm in - just got the order confirmation. It'll be nice to have a spare for tinkering and backup. Thanks very much for the tip valkyriesound.

Refurb? Unlikely - TD is generally very clear about noting this in their listings.

Limited Stock blowout? Again, they usually clearly mark this. When it's out, it's out and you don't see "ships in 7-21 days".

Pricing error? Possible - we'll find out soon enough. It would certainly fit with the fact that they seem to be expecting to ship more in "7-21 days" since they ran out of "in stock" ones.

Anybody know if the free ebook credit is a "one to a customer/account" deal? I'm wondering if I authorize a (new) second Reader to my existing account if I'll get the credit? I guess they can tell it's a new Reader if they're keeping a database of all Readers that have ever been activated.

The only "problem" with the credit would be figuring out what to spend it on between now and 31 AUG when it expires. I've already bought most of my old favorite titles that Connect has available.

If this is a real deal, how long will it be until we see somebody hacking up a side-by-side "two page" Reader with synchronized, interleaved page turning?

Cheers,
Bob

Last edited by BobVA; 07-04-2007 at 09:40 AM.
BobVA is offline   Reply With Quote