View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 02:36 AM   #9
Alpha_Cluster
Enthusiast
Alpha_Cluster began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, Libre2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonkchapman View Post
Or if his books were available on the nook, instead of just the Kindle store.
Eh I don't know if that means anything. His books could easily be added the the B&N Store its not that hard.

More likely it has to do with the fact that a BOOKSTORE is making the nook which really should make people wonder more. Now let me explain what i mean. Lets look at how the Kindle was made. Amazon made their own little Lab126 which was a group of engineer's and software people to do the Kindle. Now so far all we know about the B&N nook is it uses android 1.5 and Adobe ADE oh and that the software is rather slow. From the perspective of someone who follows tech news a lot this looks more and more like a device that some underfunded development team has thrown together then the change the world product we were all being told was coming out.

I had pre-ordered the nook but after the delays (mine was set to supposedly be here the 22nd) i gave up on it mostly do to the fact that i came to this realization. That patch that could solve all? Who will it come from? B&N? Google? Or Adobe?

In the end i don't want to sound like a nook hater. I love the idea of the device i just cannot have faith in it any more as it does not seem as though B&N knows what they are doing anymore. I just hope in this case i am wrong and they just had an unfortunate series of events that caused the delay and poor quality software.
Alpha_Cluster is offline   Reply With Quote