View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 02:34 PM   #1
movieking
movieking began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Request/Questions About Sorting and Navigation

I used this great program pretty much daily, and there are two things that I would like to be able to use calibre to do, but I don't think that I can do it now (or I can't figure it out). I've done a search, but couldn't really find anything (not to say the information isn't there, but just probably hidden due to the large number of posts):

1. Be able to sort the Author field by what is actually in the author field rather than what is the in the author sort field. Since the author field tends to be first name last name, by sorting on that field, I'd like to see it sorted by first name last name, rather than what is in the author sort field, which tends to be last name first name (I also find that this particular field is often a combination of differing naming conventions). Maybe even adding the author sort column to the layout, so both would be available for sorting.

2. Be able to navigate to the next or previous book while in the "edit metadata individually" screen.

Like I said, maybe there is a way to do this now so if there is, please let me know. Otherwise, I'd like to see these features added to this awesome program.
movieking is offline   Reply With Quote