View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 12:38 AM   #19
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
I played around with the indexed 16-shade png converted to 8-bit greyscale, and now I am torn between two options.

The book I last uploaded had over 300 images, saved to jpeg with 25% compression (that's 75 quality for you folks who see the glass as half-full, not half-empty). The two volumes of the book totaled about 16.25 mb.

I re-converted the source images to 16-shade pngs in 8-bit greyscale. The two volumes now total almost 22 mb.

So I have to decide whether to go with much cleaner images with the requisite size increase.

I wonder how many users would even notice the improvement?

I'm just throwing this out there for anybody who would like to chime in with an opinion.

PS--@Jellby -- the Burn overlay is working really well, I was stunned to see how much grunge I had missed. Thank you again, this is absolutely faster than hunting specks by eyeball.

Last edited by GrannyGrump; 11-12-2013 at 12:43 AM.
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote