View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013, 03:17 PM   #16
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBT View Post
I've discovered that you're not home and dry with png images even if you do use 8-bit colour space. For my Norwegian editions of "Three in Norway – by two of them" I used the images from PG, but reduced the number of colours to 16. The original language edition uses png, the modernized one uses exactly the same images converted to gif. The png versions show up all fuzzy on my PRS-T1, the gif ones are all right.

Darn....
Could have ran into this 2-bit, 4-bit PNG bug that GrannyGrump ran into (and I fleshed out with some more technical details):

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=222916

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBT View Post
Regarding fleurons and such, I seldom come across any which it is worth transferring to the ebook. However, in those cases, I normally spend some time converting them as neatly as possible to svg. The only book I can remember I have done it in is English as she is spoke
Otherwise, I use stock fleurons from a free fleuron font. However, I normally convert them to svg, rather than importing the font. It's more robust, scales better, and degrades better that way.
I have been gathering some info on how to go to clean SVG (am planning on writing a tutorial like my high-resolution PNG Formula Tutorial, although it won't be done for a while), mind sending me a PM with some of your steps?

Also, do you have any more samples of you using SVG? (I am gathering intel/lots of information).
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote