Thread: Samsung Note 8
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 07:16 PM   #86
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
Well, after spending some time with it in Best Buy, I went ahead and bought one. While value for the money may be somewhat lacking, it's got some very nice features to it. I don't find the build quality as plastic-y as some of the reviewers claim. Over all, it seems very quite well made.
I do have a couple of small gripes, though. I use tablets at work, many times marking up wiring diagrams or machine drawings in pdf format. The pen is essential for this, and since my hands are often quite dirty I usually keep a spare in my shirt pocket, rather than undocking the (quite small and slippery) stylus. The Note 8 will not recognize stylus input unless the pen is undocked, so I either must use the integrated pen or leave it undocked and chance lossing it (been there, done that). The other gripe I have is the lack of flash for the camera - again, another work related gripe. Machine innards are often dark places...
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote