Thread: Samsung Note 8
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 07:53 AM   #81
rkw
Old & Busted Hotness
rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0,Asus TF700T, K1-2-3-Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
Actually the best app for taking classroom notes is LectureNote, its ink capability is even better than S-Note, though it can't translate to digital text, instead it uses an index paradigm to make notes searchable.
Thanks for the direct comparison to something I'm familiar with. I have lecture notes on my tf300t and were it not for the horrible experience of using capacitive screens for writing I think its just a wonderful app. Even has uh halfway decent palm rejection. I'm impressed with its ability to mix hand written content when typed content. You can stick graphics in there just anything. And I know this is silly but one of the things I really like about it is I can switch to graph paper rather than ruled lines.

Interesting to know that it's if not as good as maybe in a little bit better than s note. pretty much every review I've come across have all been very positive.

For me I find that I can type for faster than I can hand write. My hope was I'd be able to type up whatever it was I was working on then go in after the fact in market it up whatever else needed done.

I suspect I'm really just approaching the point in life where I honestly don't care about keeping up with technology anymore. pretty much for my whole working career it's been one promise after another from technology only to see it fall far short of their promises. Usually it's after the CEO gets their paws on the project in veers away from making quality products in favor of just doing the bare minimum to maximize profits.

I remember back in 1993 at Comdex in Las Vegas Avery in combination with I can't remember what company came out with a yellow pad paradigm device. They made all manner of promises for it and I don't even know if it ever survived beyond 93. Maybe that is what has me so interested in the Samsung Note family they have the same 'feel/buzz' as the electronic yellow pad from 1993.
rkw is offline   Reply With Quote