View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 12:02 PM   #15
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlPe View Post
Alright, but I am not expecting kindlegen to break down if I specify other elements in the landmarks, especially without warning about the failure of creating the shortcuts
Fair enough. But at the same time, there's always been special considerations/concessions to be made for ePubs being used to build kindlebooks. So it's not surprising at all to me that there will be some things you can do in ePub3 that won't be supported by their conversion process (that are rarely documented). Surely when you run into issues, it's not hard to figure out that the first places to look are wherever you might be outside the recommendations. Like it or not, there's always going to be a difference between ePub, and "ePub designed to play nice with Kindlegen." It won't be any different with ePub3 than it was with ePub2.

Still, I suspect there'll be an update that fixes the situation where ALL landmarks are ignored when the doc contains unsupported types.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 03-04-2013 at 12:21 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote