View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 05:37 PM   #1
Robbie447
Rocket Robin
Robbie447 began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro
Question Aluratek Firmware Update

Hi all.. I recently (Christmas) got an Aluratek Libre Pro as my first eReader. Honestly I got it for price but after doing some comparisons I'm just as happy I got it instead of other makes. I was reading in this area the helpful info on updating firmware -thankyou everyone who contributed to that- and I went to check at the Aluratek site for firmware details. Unfortunately if I were to criticize anything to do with Aluratek it would be marginal help and information available at their site and in their manuals. They cover the major things but not the fine details. Anyways, one thng I haven't been able to find is any information on what each firmware upgrade fixes. Downloading the file to check if it has that info is a major annoyance for me because I'm on dial-up and those files are a good size.. (32 meg?) My eReader came with version 1.9 and I saw that version 2.x is out and I wondered if the update does anything so much better to be worth getting or should I stick with my usual philosophy of, "If it works don't fix it"... Has anyone done this update and found new and wonderous things going on in their eReader ?
Robbie447 is offline   Reply With Quote