View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 08:12 PM   #1
Kraftie
Kraftie began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox, Blackberry Curve 8330
Question Problem installing ADE on Windows 7

Greetings MobileRead peeps. I'm new this forum, and eBooks in general. I received my first reader, a Kobo Vox, for my birthday two weeks ago. I have been collecting eBooks (in several formats) for a few months and have quite a few stored on my PC. I soon figured out that my Kobo only likes the ePub format. On the advice of a friend, I installed Calibre yesterday. I was told this would effectively convert my existing books into a readable format. Unfortunately, I don't seem to be able to transfer any of the books I'd acquired to my Kobo. I am able to successfully connect my Kobo and move the files over and the device finds them okay. However, when I try to import, I get an error message that says "not enough free space". This makes no sense as (noob or not) I know there is plenty of room on my brand new device and the Micro SD card I purchased. Puzzled, I wrote to Kobo support and they advised that files with DRM protection cannot be copied to the Vox. They suggested that I install ADE to get a better look at my PDF files. I downloaded the .exe file but even when I'm logged on as an Administrator (password protected, and my only Windows 7 account) the install fails due to insufficient privilages. I guess technically this is more than one problem but the background seemed important to explain the dilemma. Any suggestions you can provide would be appreciated.

Last edited by Kraftie; 01-15-2012 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Spelling and grammar errors
Kraftie is offline   Reply With Quote