View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 06:14 PM   #10
David58117
Groupie
David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, K4NT (To Wife), Nook ST, NSTG
For what it's worth, I have the T1 and Kindle 4, and despite what you read on the forums don't have an issue with lack of "stability" or any of those things. I do rate the T1 higher than the Kindle 4 and generally prefer to read on it instead...and items like Library Loaning via device work spectacularly on the T1, and I love the way google books is integrated.

The complaining over there seems to be encouraged by people who don't have the device, and...people turning a molehill into a mountain. Yes, I've had a crash or two since getting it at launch, but in reality it was about 20 seconds of a screen freeze followed by a dialog box requiring pushing a button that says "close." The whole process was over within 40 seconds.

Call me crazy, but I would take the minor 40 second "inconvenience" and keeping the more featured T1, over returning it and settling for something less capable. And it only started crashing because I bogged down the system by loading numerous books via microsd and didn't wait for it to finish loading before I started browsing the books. Once I learned how to better put books on the device (let it load, then go through page by page letting all the covers load individually) it's become smooth sailing. I read on it daily and haven't had a crash since.

I love the Kindle 4 (and Kindle Singles!), but recommend the T1 over it.
David58117 is offline   Reply With Quote