View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 10:09 PM   #13
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
I use it mainly for traffic. But there has dozen different reasons why I have used this app.

That is interesting. You mean you never drive to a restaurant you've never been to, gone to a social event where the address is provided. Been in an unfamiliar neighborhood where you might be looking for say a Starbucks or Radio shack?

There is so much information you can get from maps, I've lived in my neighborhood all my life and there have been places maps has discovered that I never knew existed. It's also great for checking reviews on a place. Heck I even use it to find contact info for business since it's faster than googling it.

Man life to short to be confined to places I know first hand, maps really helps me expand the locations I've visit.

=X=
My answer in regard to Google Maps had to do with its use on an Android device, which for me, is a Nook Color CM7. While I occasionally use it on my Color, I use it quite frequently on my PC. So when I need to drive to an unknown destination, I look it up on my PC before I go. Then when I go there, it's no longer unknown and I know the directions.

Traffic is not a problem for me, because I'm going in the opposite direction during morning commute; so it's free sailing for me.

That said, I use maps all the time. I love taking day trips to places I haven't been to before. Two of my hobbies involve extensive use of maps - hiking and geocaching. So I'm quite familiar with topo maps, compasses and handheld GPS devices.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote