View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 01:02 PM   #8
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
My thought too was that surely there would be a web browser in there, but there isn't one in the top 10. Checking Dolphin and Opera installs in the Market they are far below the numbers for the top 5 above.

I guess most users are happy with the default browser. I know I've not felt the need to try out an alternative.

Graham
IE6's long-lasting popularity is certainly evidence that there's a huge segment of users unwilling to find an alternative to something that seems to work okay, but in the Android context, I would note that there are a large number of relatively popular alternatives. Were this a market of two competitors, I'm sure they'd both be better represented, but the users searching for alternatives are diluted between multiple operas, multiple dolphins, miren, skyfire, firefox and a load of other niche browsers.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote