View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 06:47 PM   #9
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
One thing I've certainly found is that having a good dictionary instantly available on my CyBook makes me look up the meaning of all sorts of words that I otherwise wouldn't have bothered doing, which is very useful when reading older books, which have a lot of "technical vocabulary" to do with areas like horse-drawn transport which have fallen out of use.
I agree completely, Harry. I also find more words in the classics that puzzle me. It has always been my habit when reading, ever since I was a kid, to have a dictionary handy. Great way to increase vocabulary.

Amusingly, on the old Rocket eBook, which has a dictionary, it was a bit sparse. Almost every time I found a word I was unsure of, the dictionary did not know it either. Stupid dictionary.

In any case, the one on the Kindle is very good, and am quite pleased with it. If and when Amazon makes an even more comprehensive one available, I'll probably get that.

Last edited by KlondikeGeoff; 03-05-2008 at 06:50 PM.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote