View Single Post
Old 12-20-2009, 02:01 PM   #12
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
It confused me for a while. First I thought my batch file logic was faulty, then I thought the program after the calbredb command was causing the trouble, then I tried a couple of tricks to work around it. I even thought about doing this on one of my *nix boxes, or under Cygwin, but I wasn't sure if the db would need to be converted, so I gave up and just ran the calibredb stuff separately. Interestingly, multiple invocations of the calibredb command in a single FOR loop worked fine. I just couldn't get any subsequent lines or calls to batch subroutines or external batch files to work.

Anyway, thanks again. If I do this again, I'll try powershell.
Calibre does works Dual Boot (XP <->Ubuntu Karmic) with the same XP folder used for the library.

The Gotcha
is folder names are CASE sensitive in Linux and correcting a title case in Windows Calibre does NOT change the original (named) folder's case (since it matters naught to M$),but does matter to Calibre.
Running the DB Integrity tool showed many errors. Looking in the file manager had me until I thought of Case
I fixed the folder names externaly and Calibre was happy.
I believe the "Use Lower case for folder names" might keep this from happening ON NEW ENTRIES.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote