View Single Post
Old 10-18-2004, 08:38 PM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAMMY!

We would like to wish our friend Sammy McLoughlin a very happy birthday today! I'm pretty sure he's leaked out the information before, but I can't remember at the moment how old he is, so for now it will just have to remain a secret. [Edit: Check the PalmAddict site and you might just catch his age after all!]

For those of you that somehow have missed out on Palm Addict, Sammy is the owner and operator of the Palm Addict website. It's arguably the best and most updated PalmOS information site available. (I don't want to take away from any of the other fine PalmOS sites, but I really like Palm Addict.)

Sammy has signed up a nice gathering of Palm fanatics from across the globe to be Associate Writers. It's a badge of honor, and they do a great job of keeping the site frequently updated. Anything important in the Palm world is sure to pop up there before you know it. In addition, much of the writing comes from people like you and me who email Sammy to share a thought about Palm devices. The contests with prizes like, for example, iPods or PalmOne PDAs help to motivate lots of email contributers also.

I currently visit there several times a day, and if you want to get all the scoop on PalmOS pdas in one stop, that's a great place to keep up-to-date.

And one final thought... Most of us work on these mobile computing web sites simply because we love mobile computing and enjoy the community of shared interests. It's not about money, and it really is the best feeling to be appreciated with a kind word or comment. So if you're a fan of Palm Addicts like I am, be sure to use the email link at his website to wish him a Happy Birthday and thank him for all that he does for the Palm Community.

And, hey, while you're at it, how about a little appreciation for own Alex Turcic -- mastermind, owner and webmaster par excellance right here at MobileRead.com!

Best wishes Sammy, and keep up the great work.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote