View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 01:27 PM   #236
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by auspex View Post
Simple - iphones sell like "hotcakes", not like "can openers". They're consumables. They are used for many more purposes, and so more easily broken, so in that sense much more "consumable". But also new phones keep coming out with new features, making the old phone insufficient for your "needs". A dedicated e-reader already does everything it's expected to do. I wonder how many users with Wifi e-readers even use the wifi?
I do use the wifi on my Sony PRS-T1 reader, mainly for downloading books from the public library.

So far, I have not heard of any new ereader features that make me want to rush out and buy a new one. Built-in lighting is a cool idea, but not something I need enough for me to replace a working reader.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote