View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 12:48 PM   #8
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
for clarity
1. I did not author the example that I posted, just lifted it from a book that I can currently reading.
2. I hardly ever follow thru to read footnotes. as I use a sony touch screen PRS650 it requires using the stylus to accurately tap tha footnote number & the info thus found is usually just a book title. I'd prefer to have the foot note info embedded into the flow of main text, but in a smaller typeface.
3. I'd never thought of using back button to return, for a touch screen device, although the Sony does also have buttons... hmm - doesn't worjk, for this book anyway, the sony back button ( which is same as swipe for previous page) just steps back 1 screen in the footnotes list. the only way back is to tap the hyperlinked number with the stylus, & to carefully only single tap it, otherwise you get into dictionary lookup.

Last edited by cybmole; 02-07-2012 at 12:51 PM.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote