View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 06:52 PM   #7
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunixer View Post
Thanks. I deleted (after backing up) both the .apnx and the .mbp file in the same directory as the book. The pages don't show up anymore. I guess that the Kindle generates those files after you sideload a book. Is there any way to remove this information from a book using Calibre?
I'd ask on the calibre forum about that one, but it is probably possible (to delete amazon-generated .apnx files on sync w/calibre) if you are prepared to write some code.

Calibre, by default, generates .apnx files when you use it to sideload. It is an option you can turn off. I find calibre-generated page numbers of not much use.

The .mbp file is where your bookmarks/notes/reading position are stored, so you should not remove it (it will just come back in any case).
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote