View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 09:14 PM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfing View Post
Oh, pity about the LRF. I'm just starting with my reader, Calibre is an awesome program. After a month I'm finally comfortable enough to start experimenting with things.
So I take it it's impossible to have full justification *and* indentation in my PRS-600 without manually editing HTML? I've been using EPUB so far, but really wanted full-justification that my reader can't provide with EPUB. Then I read somewhere that the LRF format would have it, so I converted a book to LRF and it worked! I now have full justification, but for some reason the first line indentation won't work (tried it in the conversion option 'Indent first line' and also using CSS 'text-indent' in the Extra CSS, but nothing (checked Calibre's reader to make sure it wasn't a PRS-600 thing) and no luck with indentation (by the way, I'm using the same options I used to convert to ePUB, which shows indentations just fine).
Guess I'll have to stick with EPUB, but I really really really miss full-justification.
Actually, I find a well made ePub with embedded fonts look nicer then LRF with simulated bold and simulated italics. After having used ePub for long enough, I find simulated italics to be reader unfriendly.

If your LRF isn't showing indents, then I think you may have a problem with the source you re using. I just converted a Mobipocket eBook and the resulting LRF had indents.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote