View Single Post
Old 10-20-2006, 06:26 PM   #16
flumbo
I got nothin...
flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TadW
According to the newsletter, they got the info from sources in the US sales (emphasis is mine):

According to our sources in the US sales of the Sony Reader got off to flying start with most retailers selling out within a few days. An initial batch of 10,000 units of the new reader was delivered to Sony US in September and these went on sale in around 750 shops across the US as well as via online outlets such as Amazon and of course Sony’s own online sales operation.
Yes. And those sources said 10,000 units had been shipped and that most of those have been sold. 10,000 units x $50 = $500,000 in ebook (software) sales. I'm not disputing reader hardware sales, but several of the earlier posters on the thread thought that the hardware sales were only $500,000. Just pointing out what the original article meant.

Sony is playing with accounting numbers and tracking each credit as a $50 ebook sale per unit. Looks good for the press. The real test will be to see what sales in connect are after all the credits are used up.
flumbo is offline   Reply With Quote