View Single Post
Old 09-27-2006, 08:48 PM   #5
da_jane
Evangelist
da_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enough

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Kindle Paperwhite | iPad Mini
<i>People may complain about "Where's the back light" but all I have to say to them is "Dude, when you read a book, does it have a back light? Did books fail because they didn't have back lights???"</i>

Yes, that's true. With paper books you also can buy used, sell them and trade them without any copyright infringement problems. When you go ebook, you are looking for a different experience and one of them is an integrated backlight. I am on a romance listserv right now that has over 853 readers. The general consensus is that no one will be buying the Sony Reader because of the proprietary content and the lack of backlight. Yes, everyone mentioned the lack of backlight.

I want ebooks to succeed because that means that the books I want to read will more likely be available in ebook format than not. As it is, about 50% of the romance books I want to purchase are in ebook format and 50% are not. I want Sony to be successful. I just don't think it will be.
da_jane is offline   Reply With Quote