View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 07:37 AM   #31
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Just curious, is Neverwhere considered YA? Looking on Amazon and fictiondb I don't see any age recomendations?
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
I wouldn't have placed Neverwhere as a YA novel myself. I thought it was rather adult.

It's a great book, but I don't particularly want to read it again. If I can remember all the details well enough I will still participate in the discussion.

Meanwhile I'm off to play with my Kraken alone.

All of you not voting Kraken - your names have been noted. *evil laugh*
Actually I have never read any Neil Gaiman. I just mentioned Neverwhere to the librarian who runs the reading club at my local library as a possible selection (I am always ready to kill two birds with one stone). It was she that said that Neil Gaiman was a YA author, so I thought that was so.

I really had no preference between Neverwhere or Kracken, both are unknown to me and out of my normal reading material. Actually when both made it to the final vote I put holds on them at my local ebook library. Based on the length of waiting lists it seems more likely that Kracken will be available on time. So I was rooting for Kracken as my second choice. King of Elfland's Daughter being my first choice as it iis available here at MR.

Very nice Kracken cover BTW.