View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 02:52 PM   #32
drMerry
Addict
drMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmos

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bricorn View Post
Function before form please. As long as it does it's job it'll do for me!
As far as I have seen during my communications with Kovid, I often get a reaction on ui changes like:
Not worth the effort for me, if you want to change it, I'm willing to support you by giving directions.

Main reason I get this reaction is because I want some small changes that will take a lot of time to implement. This, while Kovid wants to spend his time on functionality.

So Bricorn, I think you do not have to worry, the team has function on top of priority list. But if someone has the knowledge to changes the GUI, there are enough developers on the forum that can give directions.
So anyone who reads this treat, wants to help and is able to code in Python:
I'd suggest to contact Kovid and see if you can help. Or first download the source at launchpad and see if you're capable of changing the gui in a better way.

Spoiler:
While I'm not part of the development team, the information above is personal and not necessarily the philosophy of the development team. This is Just based on earlier communications with the team.
drMerry is offline   Reply With Quote